1) What can you tell about what students understand and are able to do from examining each of these samples of student work?
2) What kind of thinking did each of these projects require from students?
3) Where do you see evidence that understanding broke down?
4) In your opinion, is there anything the teacher might have done in order to better scaffold students’ engagement with each task?
5) How do the assignments we give change the kind of thinking it is possible for students to do?
6) How does the thinking that students do change what it is possible for them to understand?